Change

I am starting to write a science fiction.I am trying to write a big story with the chapters each containing a full story. My first chapter is this....


She sat very disoriented in front of her computer.She wanted to write something....No, She has to write something but...She had an argument with him and now all she could think about was that argument! He never understood her! Nobody had understood her! Does she herself understand her? The question didn't surprise her. Sometimes she didn't understand herself! Before she used to defend herself to others as well as herself. But now a days she did not bother to do that! What difference it would make any way? Blaming any one would not take her anywhere. She couldn't change a thing.
At that instant the phone rang. She ignored it. It ranged for a long time and then stopped. Who was that? She wondered. She must buy an answering machine. The phone started ringing again. It must be someone who know her very well to know that she would be at home this time and just ignoring to answer the phone or someone very desperate to contact her. She had to answer the phone! She started towards the phone reluctantly.
"Hello" She herself could sense the reluctance in her voice. "Hello Maya,I could understand that you didn't want to be disturbed but I needed your help in my project. Could you come immediately to the lab?" "Do I have a choice?" "You always have a choice but I would appreciate it if you could come. Please!" She couldn't refuse Shyam of all people. And this could provide her with the new idea for a story. He had given her so many Ideas... Actually he was the reason for her fame! "OK. I will be there in 15 minutes max!" "Thanks a lot Maya! You will be thankful to me for this opportunity."
Shyam worked at the 'High energy labs' always experimenting.When she reached the lab her speculation was already touching the sky!She went through all the security procedures and entered the lab.One bad decision or she could have been working here with Shyam.In spite of all her efforts she couldn't get reed of that 'Overdressing' mood.Shyam welcomed her with a broad smile. "Thanks a millions Maya!""It better be good!" She responded.He took her to the room situated at the end of corridor. It had a very spooky kind of surroundings as the light was very low due to the thick trees surrounding the building.That part of the building looked neglected.On top of that the room was locked!She had never seen any room locked before in the lab.So many scientists worked there and many research students help them to complete their projects.But still there was no need to lock the doors.Unless..."Why the door is locked?"She asked. "Is this some 'Classified' project?Where you are involving me Shyam?""I will explain to you everything once we are inside."He unlocked the door and went inside.
The room looked ordinary enough.With some big instruments. She thought she had seen these instruments before. One was similar to the nuclear reactor and other was similar to the laser gun. Some mirrors were also there with the solar power batteries.This didn't look so frightening!Without knowing she was holding her breath which she released now with the sign of relief.Shyam laughed!" What were you expecting?"He asked with the smile."Oh! You never fail to surprise me. Any way, what is this all about?"
"I and few of my colleagues are working with the energy conversion for a long time now and we have very nearly converted a mass into energy."Shyam was telling this so lightly....Maya wanted to shake him! That is so great a break thro'. If it was true now a human can travel in the form of energy. Just as it was shown in the science fiction T.V. serial 'Star trek'!Oh my god!! And he was so calm about it! But she had learned not to disturb him while explaining long a go.So she just suppressed her excitement and tried to concentrate on what he was saying!
"Now we are experimenting with the human being.But it is complicated.Human is not only the mass. It's mind played a bigger role in the existence of a human being.The mind or thoughts of the person are very short energy waves.We can change this energy waves as well and due to this Revelation our experiments took a very different turn.So now for that experiments what I wanted you to do is just choose one incidence from your life which you want to change and we will try to change it!"
Maya stood there speechless! Was it a coincidence or a fate?! All morning she had a mood if she could change her life and now this!But Shyam was not finished yet!"Look this is just a experiment. We don't know yet if we succeed and up to what extend we will succeed.May be in reality nothing would change. Or only your thinking about that incidence will change.But it is worth trying. It would give us a great break thro'!"
Maya was not listening.She was busy with her own thoughts.What change would she like to make? Which incidence in life would she change?Would she like to change her husband? No... She can still do it without this experiment. Would she like to change the carrier path she had taken? No... She is living a very comfirtable and stable life now.She would not like to change it for more struggling and hard working life.Would she change her parents to some rich parents....or change the country where she was born ....or...She was trying to figure out what she will change and suddenly she answered,"I don't like to change a thing in my life Shyam!I realised just now that I am quite happy with the life I am living thank you!" She was shocked with the answer she gave but Shyam was laughing! "Welcome to the party! You are the third person to give me that answer.I asked Lata first with the confidence that she will give me the life incidence very easily but she refused.Then I asked Manohar and he refused as well referring me to you with confidence that I will get my incidence from you.But..."
Maya was shocked again!Manoher refused to change his life?Today when they had the argument he yelled at her with top of his voice that he was fade up and he would give anything to change his life from this miserable condition.The ring of mobile brought her back from her shock.It was Manohar."I want to talk to you before.." She stopped him in mid sentence."Don't worry Manohar! Do you know what I have taken the same decision as you have!Don't worry." Shyam was very happy to see the expressions in his best friend's eyes.No experiment yet have given him this satisfaction!

Comments

Hmmm....sounds interesting...
Waiting for the next part yaar :)
The start was really nice with enough substance to keep me glued to the end of the post :)


keep blogging
cheers!!!
Prashansa said…
Thanks Sthish for the encouragement! It is needed!
Guria said…
That's real commendable effort... writing a novel with a full story in each chapter!!
I enjoyed this one a lot!! :)
Roshmi Sinha said…
Enjoyed it! A good effort indeed.
BK Chowla, said…
Considering this to be your first Science fiction,it is a great effort and very well written.Hope to read more of these.
GIANTS FAN said…
This is my first visit, but I'm very impressed with your blog. I have a blog myself that provides inspiration and guidance to millions of people around the world. I was wondering if we could do a link exchange to spread some traffic around. Let me know if this is cool.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com
Vineeta said…
Hey Wow! U kept me hooked till the end! Hope to read many more such interesting fictions! :)
Prashansa said…
Thanks Guria, Roshmi Chowlaji and Vineeta. You have beem very patient with me.Thanks for your encouragement! I have written the second chapter as well and I will like your views on it as well!
Welcome to my blog Jason and thanks!
Diwakar Sinha said…
:)
well written well written...
enjoyable...will read the second post now
Anonymous said…
Hey Pra, I really liked this story..a very nice effort, considering this is your first attempt at such a story. Enjoyed reading :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Double Life

All in a Day's work

Today's Flower (16/8/09)